Synonyms of disconcerting
- 1. confuse, flurry, disconcert, put off, embarrass, abash
- usage: cause to feel embarrassment; "The constant attention of the young man confused her"
- 2. upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: cause to lose one's composure
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disconcerting, upsetting, displeasing (vs. pleasing)
- usage: causing an emotional disturbance; "his disconcerting habit of greeting friends ferociously and strangers charmingly"- Herb Caen; "an upsetting experience"
All rights reserved.