Synonyms of discharged
- 1. dispatch, discharge, complete, carry through, accomplish, execute, carry out, action, fulfill, fulfil
- usage: complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties"
- 2. discharge, spread, distribute
- usage: pour forth or release; "discharge liquids"
- 3. free, discharge
- usage: free from obligations or duties
- 4. discharge, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the charge from
- 5. fire, discharge, go off
- usage: go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
- 6. acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate, pronounce, label, judge
- usage: pronounce not guilty of criminal charges; "The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
- 7. exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: eliminate (a substance); "combustion products are exhausted in the engine"; "the plant releases a gas"
- 8. drop, drop off, set down, put down, unload, discharge, deliver
- usage: leave or unload; "unload the cargo"; "drop off the passengers at the hotel"
- 9. fire, discharge
- usage: cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet"
- 10. discharge, muster out, let go of, let go, release, relinquish
- usage: release from military service
- 11. empty, discharge, change state, turn
- usage: become empty or void of its content; "The room emptied"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. discharged, dismissed, fired, laid-off, pink-slipped, unemployed (vs. employed)
- usage: having lost your job
All rights reserved.