Synonyms of discernment
- 1. understanding, apprehension, discernment, savvy, knowing
- usage: the cognitive condition of someone who understands; "he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"
- 2. taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness, discrimination, secernment
- usage: delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values); "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"; "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
- 3. discernment, perceptiveness, perception
- usage: perception of that which is obscure
- 4. sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment, wisdom, sapience
- usage: the mental ability to understand and discriminate between relations
- 5. discretion, discernment, wisdom, wiseness
- usage: the trait of judging wisely and objectively; "a man of discernment"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of discernment (Dictionary)