WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disappearance, disappearing, departure, going, going away, leaving
- usage: the act of leaving secretly or without explanation
- 2. disappearance, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: the event of passing out of sight
- 3. fade, disappearance, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: gradually ceasing to be visible
- 4. disappearance, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: ceasing to exist; "he regretted the disappearance of Greek from school curricula"; "what was responsible for the disappearance of the rainforest?"; "the disappearance of resistance at very low temperatures"
All rights reserved.
See also: disappearance (Dictionary)