WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. directional (vs. omnidirectional)
- usage: relating to or indicating directions in space; "a directional microphone"
- 2. directional
- usage: relating to direction toward a (nonspatial) goal; "he tried to explain the directional trends of modern science"
- 3. directing, directional, directive, guiding, leading (vs. following)
- usage: showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on; "felt his mother's directing arm around him"; "the directional role of science on industrial progress"
All rights reserved.
See also: directional (Dictionary)