Synonyms of dimmed
- 1. dim, dip, change intensity
- usage: switch (a car's headlights) from a higher to a lower beam
- 2. dim, change
- usage: become dim or lusterless; "the lights dimmed and the curtain rose"
- 3. dim, darken
- usage: make dim or lusterless; "Time had dimmed the silver"
- 4. blind, dim, darken
- usage: make dim by comparison or conceal
- 5. blur, dim, slur, weaken
- usage: become vague or indistinct; "The distinction between the two theories blurred"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dimmed (vs. undimmed), dim, low-beam(prenominal)
- usage: made dim or less bright; "the dimmed houselights brought a hush of anticipation"; "dimmed headlights"; "we like dimmed lights when we have dinner"
All rights reserved.