- 1. ennoble, dignify, honor, honour, reward
- usage: confer dignity or honor upon; "He was dignified with a title"
- 2. dignify, lift, raise, elevate
- usage: raise the status of; "I shall not dignify this insensitive remark with an answer"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dignified (vs. undignified), courtly, formal, stately, distinguished, grand, imposing, magisterial, composed, elegant
- usage: having or expressing dignity; especially formality or stateliness in bearing or appearance; "her dignified demeanor"; "the director of the school was a dignified white-haired gentleman"
- 2. dignified, self-respecting, self-respectful, proud (vs. humble)
- usage: having or showing self-esteem
All rights reserved.
See also: dignified (Dictionary)