WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. digestion, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: the process of decomposing organic matter (as in sewage) by bacteria or by chemical action or heat
- 2. digestion, organic process, biological process
- usage: the organic process by which food is converted into substances that can be absorbed into the body
- 3. digestion, learning, acquisition
- usage: learning and coming to understand ideas and information; "his appetite for facts was better than his digestion"
All rights reserved.
See also: digestion (Dictionary)