- 1. diffuser, diffusor, baffle, baffle board
- usage: baffle that distributes sound waves evenly
- 2. diffuser, diffusor, optical device
- usage: optical device that distributes the light of a lamp evenly
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diffuse, distributed (vs. concentrated)
- usage: spread out; not concentrated in one place; "a large diffuse organization"
- 2. soft (vs. hard), diffuse, diffused
- usage: (of light) transmitted from a broad light source or reflected
- 3. diffuse, prolix (vs. concise)
- usage: lacking conciseness; "a diffuse historical novel"
All rights reserved.
See also: diffuser (Dictionary)