WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. different (vs. same), antithetic, antithetical, assorted, various, contrary, contrasting, contrastive, diametric, diametrical, opposite, polar, divergent, disparate, distinct, distinguishable, diverse, various, divers(prenominal), diverse, opposite, several(predicate), variant, dissimilar, incompatible, unlike#1, dissimilar#3, different, varied
- usage: unlike in nature or quality or form or degree; "took different approaches to the problem"; "came to a different conclusion"; "different parts of the country"; "on different sides of the issue"; "this meeting was different from the earlier one"
- 2. different, other (vs. same)
- usage: distinctly separate from the first; "that's another (or different) issue altogether"
- 3. different, unusual (vs. usual)
- usage: differing from all others; not ordinary; "advertising that strives continually to be different"; "this new music is certainly different but I don't really like it"
- 4. unlike (vs. like), dissimilar, different
- usage: marked by dissimilarity; "for twins they are very unlike"; "people are profoundly different"
- 5. different, other (vs. same)
- usage: distinct or separate; "each interviewed different members of the community"
All rights reserved.
See also: different (Dictionary)