WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. difference, quality
- usage: the quality of being unlike or dissimilar; "there are many differences between jazz and rock"
- 2. deviation, divergence, departure, difference, variation, fluctuation
- usage: a variation that deviates from the standard or norm; "the deviation from the mean"
- 3. dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict, disagreement
- usage: a disagreement or argument about something important; "he had a dispute with his wife"; "there were irreconcilable differences"; "the familiar conflict between Republicans and Democrats"
- 4. difference, change
- usage: a significant change; "the difference in her is amazing"; "his support made a real difference"
- 5. remainder, difference, number
- usage: the number that remains after subtraction; the number that when added to the subtrahend gives the minuend
All rights reserved.
See also: difference (Dictionary)