- 1. dictate, rule, prescript
- usage: an authoritative rule
- 2. dictate, principle
- usage: a guiding principle; "the dictates of reason"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. order, prescribe, dictate, inflict, bring down, visit, impose
- usage: issue commands or orders for
- 2. dictate, read
- usage: say out loud for the purpose of recording; "He dictated a report to his secretary"
- 3. dictate, govern, rule
- usage: rule as a dictator
All rights reserved.
See also: dictate (Dictionary)