- 1. dialectic, philosophy
- usage: any formal system of reasoning that arrives at the truth by the exchange of logical arguments
- 2. dialectic, contradiction
- usage: a contradiction of ideas that serves as the determining factor in their interaction; "this situation created the inner dialectic of American history"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dialectic, dialectical
- usage: of or relating to or employing dialectic; "the dialectical method"
All rights reserved.
See also: dialectic (Dictionary)