Synonyms of dial
- 1. dial, face
- usage: the face of a timepiece; graduated to show the hours
- 2. dial, control, controller
- usage: the control on a radio or television set that is used for tuning
- 3. dial, indicator
- usage: the circular graduated indicator on various measuring instruments
- 4. dial, telephone dial, selector, selector switch
- usage: a disc on a telephone that is rotated a fixed distance for each number called
- 1. dial, operate, control
- usage: operate a dial to select a telephone number; "You must take the receiver off the hook before you dial"
- 2. dial, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: choose by means of a dial; "dial a telephone number"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dial (Dictionary)