- 1. diagonal, straight line
- usage: (geometry) a straight line connecting any two vertices of a polygon that are not adjacent
- 2. diagonal, bias, straight line
- usage: a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
- 3. diagonal, line, line
- usage: an oblique line of squares of the same color on a checkerboard; "the bishop moves on the diagonals"
- 4. diagonal, set
- usage: (mathematics) a set of entries in a square matrix running diagonally either from the upper left to lower right entry or running from the upper right to lower left entry
- 5. solidus, slash, virgule, diagonal, stroke, separatrix, punctuation, punctuation mark
- usage: a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diagonal, oblique (vs. parallel) (vs. perpendicular)
- usage: connecting two nonadjacent corners of a plane figure or any two corners of a solid that are not in the same face; "a diagonal line across the page"
- 2. aslant, aslope, diagonal, slanted, slanting, sloped, sloping, inclined (vs. horizontal) (vs. vertical)
- usage: having an oblique or slanted direction
All rights reserved.
See also: diagonal (Dictionary)