WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. devotion, devotedness, love
- usage: feelings of ardent love; "their devotion to each other was beautiful"
- 2. devotion, commitment, allegiance, loyalty, dedication
- usage: commitment to some purpose; "the devotion of his time and wealth to science"
- 3. idolatry, devotion, veneration, cultism, worship
- usage: religious zeal; the willingness to serve God
- 4. devotion, prayer, supplication
- usage: (usually plural) religious observance or prayers (usually spoken silently); "he returned to his devotions"
All rights reserved.
See also: devotion (Dictionary)