- 1. devilish, diabolic, diabolical, mephistophelian, mephistophelean, evil (vs. good)
- usage: showing the cunning or ingenuity or wickedness typical of a devil; "devilish schemes"; "the cold calculation and diabolic art of some statesmen"; "the diabolical expression on his face"; "a mephistophelian glint in his eye"
- 2. devilish, rascally, roguish, playful (vs. unplayful)
- usage: playful in an appealingly bold way; "a roguish grin"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. devilishly, devilish
- usage: in a playfully devilish manner; "the socialists are further handicapped if they believe that capitalists are not only wicked but also devilishly clever"
All rights reserved.
See also: devilish (Dictionary)