WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. devastation, desolation, deterioration, impairment
- usage: the state of being decayed or destroyed
- 2. devastation, feeling
- usage: the feeling of being confounded or overwhelmed; "her departure left him in utter devastation"
- 3. devastation, desolation, ruin, ruination
- usage: an event that results in total destruction
- 4. ravaging, devastation, plundering, pillage, pillaging
- usage: plundering with excessive damage and destruction
- 5. destruction, devastation, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the termination of something by causing so much damage to it that it cannot be repaired or no longer exists
All rights reserved.
See also: devastation (Dictionary)