WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clincher, determiner, determining factor, argument, statement
- usage: an argument that is conclusive
- 2. determiner, determinative, function word, closed-class word
- usage: one of a limited class of noun modifiers that determine the referents of noun phrases
- 3. determinant, determiner, determinative, determining factor, causal factor, cognitive factor
- usage: a determining or causal element or factor; "education is an important determinant of one's outlook on life"
All rights reserved.
See also: determiner (Dictionary)