- 1. determinant, determiner, determinative, determining factor, causal factor, cognitive factor
- usage: a determining or causal element or factor; "education is an important determinant of one's outlook on life"
- 2. antigenic determinant, determinant, epitope, site, situation
- usage: the site on the surface of an antigen molecule to which an antibody attaches itself
- 3. determinant, square matrix
- usage: a square matrix used to solve simultaneous equations
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deciding(prenominal), determinant, determinative, determining(prenominal), decisive (vs. indecisive)
- usage: having the power or quality of deciding; "the crucial experiment"; "cast the deciding vote"; "the determinative (or determinant) battle"
All rights reserved.
See also: determinant (Dictionary)