WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. detection, sensing, perception
- usage: the perception that something has occurred or some state exists; "early detection can often lead to a cure"
- 2. detection, catching, espial, spying, spotting, discovery, find, uncovering
- usage: the act of detecting something; catching sight of something
- 3. signal detection, detection, reception
- usage: the detection that a signal is being received
- 4. detection, detecting, detective work, sleuthing, police work, police investigation
- usage: a police investigation to determine the perpetrator; "detection is hard on the feet"
All rights reserved.
See also: detection (Dictionary)