WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. withdrawal, detachment, indifference
- usage: avoiding emotional involvement
- 2. detachment, disengagement, separation
- usage: the act of releasing from an attachment or connection
- 3. insulation, insularity, insularism, detachment, isolation
- usage: the state of being isolated or detached; "the insulation of England was preserved by the English Channel"
- 4. detachment, army unit
- usage: a small unit of troops of special composition
- 5. separation, breakup, detachment, change, alteration, modification
- usage: coming apart
All rights reserved.
See also: detachment (Dictionary)