- 1. destine, fate, doom, designate, ordain
- usage: decree or designate beforehand; "She was destined to become a great pianist"
- 2. intend, destine, designate, specify, plan
- usage: design or destine; "She was intended to become the director"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bound, destined, oriented (vs. unoriented), orientated
- usage: headed or intending to head in a certain direction; often used as a combining form as in `college-bound students'; "children bound for school"; "a flight destined for New York"
- 2. bound(predicate), destined, certain (vs. uncertain), sure
- usage: (usually followed by `to') governed by fate; "bound to happen"; "an old house destined to be demolished"; "he is destined to be famous"
All rights reserved.
See also: destined (Dictionary)