- 1. desire, feeling
- usage: the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state
- 2. desire, tendency, inclination
- usage: an inclination to want things; "a man of many desires"
- 3. desire, arousal
- usage: something that is desired
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. desire, want
- usage: feel or have a desire for; want strongly; "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"
- 2. hope, trust, desire, wish
- usage: expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
- 3. desire, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: express a desire for
All rights reserved.
See also: desire (Dictionary)