- 1. dehydrate, desiccate, preserve, keep
- usage: preserve by removing all water and liquids from; "carry dehydrated food on your camping trip"
- 2. dehydrate, desiccate, dry, dry out
- usage: remove water from; "All this exercise and sweating has dehydrated me"
- 3. exsiccate, dehydrate, dry up, desiccate, dry, dry out
- usage: lose water or moisture; "In the desert, you get dehydrated very quickly"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. arid, desiccate, desiccated, dull (vs. lively)
- usage: lacking vitality or spirit; lifeless; "a technically perfect but arid performance of the sonata"; "a desiccate romance"; "a prissy and emotionless creature...settles into a mold of desiccated snobbery"-C.J.Rolo
All rights reserved.
See also: desiccate (Dictionary)