Synonyms of desecrated
- 1. desecrate, profane, outrage, violate, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: violate the sacred character of a place or language; "desecrate a cemetery"; "violate the sanctity of the church"; "profane the name of God"
- 2. desecrate, unhallow, deconsecrate, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: remove the consecration from a person or an object
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. desecrated (vs. consecrated), deconsecrated, profaned, violated
- usage: treated with contempt; "many desecrated shrines and cemeteries"
All rights reserved.