WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. descent, change of location, travel
- usage: a movement downward
- 2. origin, descent, extraction, ancestry, lineage, derivation, filiation
- usage: properties attributable to your ancestry; "he comes from good origins"
- 3. descent, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of changing your location in a downward direction
- 4. descent, line of descent, lineage, filiation, kinship, family relationship, relationship
- usage: the kinship relation between an individual and the individual's progenitors
- 5. descent, declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope, slope, incline, side
- usage: a downward slope or bend
- 6. lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock, genealogy, family tree
- usage: the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
All rights reserved.
See also: descent (Dictionary)