WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. descend, fall, go down, come down, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way; "The temperature is going down"; "The barometer is falling"; "The curtain fell on the diva"; "Her hand went up and then fell again"
- 2. derive, come, descend
- usage: come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example; "She was descended from an old Italian noble family"; "he comes from humble origins"
- 3. condescend, deign, descend, act, move
- usage: do something that one considers to be below one's dignity
- 4. fall, descend, settle, come
- usage: come as if by falling; "Night fell"; "Silence fell"
All rights reserved.
See also: descend (Dictionary)