WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. privation, want, deprivation, neediness, poverty, poorness, impoverishment
- usage: a state of extreme poverty
- 2. loss, deprivation, disadvantage
- usage: the disadvantage that results from losing something; "his loss of credibility led to his resignation"; "losing him is no great deprivation"
- 3. privation, deprivation, social control
- usage: act of depriving someone of food or money or rights; "nutritional privation"; "deprivation of civil rights"
All rights reserved.
See also: deprivation (Dictionary)