Synonyms of deprecating
- 1. deprecate, disapprove, reject
- usage: express strong disapproval of; deplore
- 2. deprecate, depreciate, vilipend, disparage, belittle, pick at
- usage: belittle; "The teacher should not deprecate his student's efforts"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. belittling, deprecating, deprecative, deprecatory, depreciative, depreciatory, slighting, uncomplimentary (vs. complimentary)
- usage: tending to diminish or disparage; "belittling comments"; "managed a deprecating smile at the compliment"; "deprecatory remarks about the book"; "a slighting remark"
All rights reserved.