Synonyms of deposit
- 1. deposit, sedimentation, alluviation, geological phenomenon
- usage: the phenomenon of sediment or gravel accumulating
- 2. sediment, deposit, matter
- usage: matter that has been deposited by some natural process
- 3. deposition, deposit, accretion, accumulation
- usage: the natural process of laying down a deposit of something
- 4. deposit, bank deposit, fund, monetary fund
- usage: money deposited in a bank or some similar institution
- 5. down payment, deposit, payment
- usage: a partial payment made at the time of purchase; the balance to be paid later
- 6. deposit, security, surety
- usage: money given as security for an article acquired for temporary use; "his deposit was refunded when he returned the car"
- 7. deposit, guarantee, warrant, warrantee, warranty
- usage: a payment given as a guarantee that an obligation will be met
- 8. depository, deposit, depositary, repository, facility, installation
- usage: a facility where things can be deposited for storage or safekeeping
- 9. deposit, deposition, buildup
- usage: the act of putting something somewhere
- 1. lodge, wedge, stick, deposit, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: put, fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
- 2. deposit, bank, give
- usage: put into a bank account; "She deposits her paycheck every month"
- 3. situate, fix, posit, deposit, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of deposit (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.