WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. depersonalization, depersonalisation, depersonalization disorder, depersonalisation disorder, depersonalization neurosis, depersonalisation neurosis, dissociative disorder
- usage: emotional dissociative disorder in which there is loss of contact with your own personal reality accompanied by feelings of unreality and strangeness
- 2. depersonalization, depersonalisation, psychological state, psychological condition, mental state, mental condition
- usage: (existentialism) a loss of personal identity; a feeling of being an anonymous cog in an impersonal social machine
- 3. depersonalization, depersonalisation, reification, objectification
- usage: representing a human being as a physical thing deprived of personal qualities or individuality; "according to Marx, treating labor as a commodity exemplified the reification of the individual"
All rights reserved.
See also: depersonalization (Dictionary)