WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. denounce, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: speak out against; "He denounced the Nazis"
- 2. stigmatize, stigmatise, brand, denounce, mark, label
- usage: to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful; "He denounced the government action"; "She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
- 3. denounce, announce, denote
- usage: announce the termination of, as of treaties
- 4. denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag, inform
- usage: give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
All rights reserved.
See also: denounce (Dictionary)