WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. denomination, nongovernmental organization, NGO
- usage: a group of religious congregations having its own organization and a distinctive faith
- 2. denomination, class, category, family
- usage: a class of one kind of unit in a system of numbers or measures or weights or money; "he flashed a fistful of bills of large denominations"
- 3. appellation, denomination, designation, appellative, name
- usage: identifying word or words by which someone or something is called and classified or distinguished from others
All rights reserved.
See also: denomination (Dictionary)