Synonyms of denigrating
- 1. minimize, belittle, denigrate, derogate, disparage, belittle, pick at
- usage: cause to seem less serious; play down; "Don't belittle his influence"
- 2. defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch, charge, accuse
- usage: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. calumniatory, calumnious, defamatory, denigrative, denigrating, denigratory, libellous, libelous, slanderous, harmful (vs. harmless)
- usage: (used of statements) harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign
All rights reserved.