Synonyms of demotic
- 1. Demotic, Demotic script, hieratic, hieratic script
- usage: a simplified cursive form of the ancient hieratic script; "Demotic script was eventually replaced by Greek"
- 2. Romaic, Demotic, Modern Greek, New Greek
- usage: the modern Greek vernacular
- 1. Demotic
- usage: of or written in or belonging to the form of modern Greek based on colloquial use
- 2. demotic, common (vs. uncommon)
- usage: of or for the common people; "demotic entertainments"; "demotic speech"; "a poet with a keen ear for demotic rhythms"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of demotic (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.