WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. demolish, pulverize, pulverise, destroy, destruct
- usage: destroy completely; "the wrecking ball demolished the building"; "demolish your enemies"; "pulverize the rebellion before it gets out of hand"
- 2. crush, smash, demolish, humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
- usage: humiliate or depress completely; "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"; "The death of her son smashed her"
- 3. demolish, destroy, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat soundly; "The home team demolished the visitors"
All rights reserved.
See also: demolish (Dictionary)