WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. democracy, political orientation, ideology, political theory
- usage: the political orientation of those who favor government by the people or by their elected representatives
- 2. democracy, republic, commonwealth, political system, form of government
- usage: a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
- 3. majority rule, democracy, doctrine, philosophy, philosophical system, school of thought, ism
- usage: the doctrine that the numerical majority of an organized group can make decisions binding on the whole group
All rights reserved.
See also: democracy (Dictionary)