WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. delusion, psychotic belief, psychological state, psychological condition, mental state, mental condition
- usage: (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary
- 2. delusion, hallucination, misconception
- usage: a mistaken or unfounded opinion or idea; "he has delusions of competence"; "his dreams of vast wealth are a hallucination"
- 3. delusion, illusion, head game, deception, deceit, dissembling, dissimulation
- usage: the act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas
All rights reserved.
See also: delusion (Dictionary)