WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deform, change, alter, modify
- usage: make formless; "the heat deformed the plastic sculpture"
- 2. contort, deform, distort, wring, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist and press out of shape
- 3. flex, bend, deform, twist, turn, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form; "bend the rod"; "twist the dough into a braid"; "the strong man could turn an iron bar"
- 4. deform, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: become misshapen; "The sidewalk deformed during the earthquake"
- 5. deform, distort, strain, shape, form
- usage: alter the shape of (something) by stress; "His body was deformed by leprosy"
- 6. change shape, change form, deform, change
- usage: assume a different shape or form
All rights reserved.
See also: deform (Dictionary)