WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deflection, warp, aberrance, aberrancy, aberration, deviance
- usage: a twist or aberration; especially a perverse or abnormal way of judging or acting
- 2. deflection, deflexion, refraction, bending, bend
- usage: the amount by which a propagating wave is bent
- 3. deflection, deflexion, movement, motion
- usage: the movement of the pointer or pen of a measuring instrument from its zero position
- 4. deflection, deflexion, bending, physical property
- usage: the property of being bent or deflected
- 5. diversion, deviation, digression, deflection, deflexion, divagation, turn, turning
- usage: a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern); "a diversion from the main highway"; "a digression into irrelevant details"; "a deflection from his goal"
All rights reserved.
See also: deflection (Dictionary)