WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deflation, erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away
- usage: (geology) the erosion of soil as a consequence of sand and dust and loose rocks being removed by the wind; "a constant deflation of the desert landscape"
- 2. deflation, economic process
- usage: a contraction of economic activity resulting in a decline of prices
- 3. deflation, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: the act of letting the air out of something
All rights reserved.
See also: deflation (Dictionary)