WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. definitive, unequivocal, explicit (vs. implicit), expressed
- usage: clearly defined or formulated; "the plain and unequivocal language of the laws"- R.B.Taney
- 2. authoritative, classical, classic, definitive, standard (vs. nonstandard)
- usage: of recognized authority or excellence; "the definitive work on Greece"; "classical methods of navigation"
- 3. definitive, determinate, conclusive (vs. inconclusive)
- usage: supplying or being a final or conclusive settlement; "a definitive verdict"; "a determinate answer to the problem"
All rights reserved.
See also: definitive (Dictionary)