Synonyms of defined
- 1. specify, define, delineate, delimit, delimitate, be
- usage: determine the essential quality of
- 2. define, specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit
- usage: give a definition for the meaning of a word; "Define `sadness'"
- 3. define, characterize, characterise
- usage: determine the nature of; "What defines a good wine?"
- 4. define, delineate, show
- usage: show the form or outline of; "The tree was clearly defined by the light"; "The camera could define the smallest object"
- 5. specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- 1. defined (vs. undefined), definite
- usage: clearly characterized or delimited; "lost in a maze of words both defined and undefined"; "each child has clearly defined duties"
- 2. defined, outlined, distinct (vs. indistinct)
- usage: showing clearly the outline or profile or boundary; "hills defined against the evening sky"; "the setting sun showed the outlined figure of a man standing on the hill"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.