Synonyms of defile
- 1. defile, gorge, pass, mountain pass, notch
- usage: a narrow pass (especially one between mountains)
- 1. defile, sully, corrupt, taint, cloud, mar, impair, spoil, deflower, vitiate
- usage: place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone's reputation"
- 2. tarnish, stain, maculate, sully, defile, spot, fleck, blob, blot
- usage: make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
- 3. foul, befoul, defile, maculate, dishonor, disgrace, dishonour, attaint, shame
- usage: spot, stain, or pollute; "The townspeople defiled the river by emptying raw sewage into it"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of defile (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.