Synonyms of deepening
- 1. deepening, development, evolution
- usage: a process of becoming deeper and more profound
- 1. intensify, compound, heighten, deepen, increase
- usage: make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified", "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
- 2. intensify, deepen, increase
- usage: become more intense; "The debate intensified"; "His dislike for raw fish only deepened in Japan"
- 3. deepen, enlarge
- usage: make deeper; "They deepened the lake so that bigger pleasure boats could use it"
- 4. deepen, change, change
- usage: become deeper in tone; "His voice began to change when he was 12 years old"; "Her voice deepened when she whispered the password"
- 1. deepening(prenominal), thickening(prenominal), intensifying (vs. moderating)
- usage: accumulating and becoming more intense; "the deepening gloom"; "felt a deepening love"; "the thickening dusk"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.