WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. uncouple, decouple, disconnect
- usage: disconnect or separate; "uncouple the hounds"
- 2. decouple, dissociate, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: regard as unconnected; "you must dissociate these two events!"; "decouple our foreign policy from ideology"
- 3. decouple, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: eliminate airborne shock waves from (an explosive)
- 4. decouple, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: reduce or eliminate the coupling of (one circuit or part to another)
All rights reserved.
See also: decouple (Dictionary)