WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- 2. deck, adorn, decorate, grace, embellish, beautify, be
- usage: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- 3. decorate, honor, honour, reward
- usage: award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- 4. dress, decorate, arrange, set up
- usage: provide with decoration; "dress the windows"
All rights reserved.
See also: decorate (Dictionary)