- 1. decline, diminution, decrease, decrement
- usage: change toward something smaller or lower
- 2. decline, declination, condition, status
- usage: a condition inferior to an earlier condition; a gradual falling off from a better state
- 3. decay, decline, decrease, decrement
- usage: a gradual decrease; as of stored charge or current
- 4. descent, declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope, slope, incline, side
- usage: a downward slope or bend
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. worsen, decline, change state, turn
- usage: grow worse; "Conditions in the slum worsened"
- 2. refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline
- usage: refuse to accept; "He refused my offer of hospitality"
- 3. refuse, decline, react, respond
- usage: show unwillingness towards; "he declined to join the group on a hike"
- 4. decline, go down, wane, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: grow smaller; "Interest in the project waned"
- 5. decline, drop
- usage: go down; "The roof declines here"
- 6. decline, slump, correct, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: go down in value; "the stock market corrected"; "prices slumped"
- 7. decline, inflect
- usage: inflect for number, gender, case, etc., "in many languages, speakers decline nouns, pronouns, and adjectives"
All rights reserved.
See also: decline (Dictionary)