WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. declension, inflection, inflexion
- usage: the inflection of nouns and pronouns and adjectives in Indo-European languages
- 2. deterioration, decline in quality, declension, worsening, decline, diminution
- usage: process of changing to an inferior state
- 3. descent, declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope, slope, incline, side
- usage: a downward slope or bend
- 4. declension, class, category, family
- usage: a class of nouns or pronouns or adjectives in Indo-European languages having the same (or very similar) inflectional forms; "the first declension in Latin"
All rights reserved.
See also: declension (Dictionary)